Second guest is Tristan Nitot of Mozilla Europe – and we start of with statistics as well, but let that not keep you away from listening to him.
Download MP3 (24:30 min, 14 MB)
- the role of Mozilla Europe and why Firefox is important to the internet society
- why privacy concerns may help Firefox numbers in Europe
- how he got involved with Mozilla Europe
- why normal people still do not use Firefox and how to set them up correctly
- IE 7 and how it is nice to see Microsoft back in the game
- the open nature of Firefox and the great extension system
- the surprising fact that you can make a living out of open source and that it really worked
- innovation are great!
- more choices help everyone and do push standards
Tag(s): leweb, leweb3, pre conference podcast, tristan nitot, mozilla europe, firefox, ie7
First interview guest is David Sifry of Technorati. He does post regulary the “state of the blogosphere” but hearing those numbers is a bit different than just reading them. Topics include:
Download MP3 (21:30 min, 12,5 MB)
- development in the international blogosphere, especially the problems in France and Korea
- the language barrier and how Technorati deals with it
- the state of the spam blogs and what Technorati does about it
- how a tool like openid is relevant for a company like Technorati
- a link to last years interview with David Sifry for LesBlogs
David is going on a photowalk in Paris, read more information about this on his blog.
Tag(s): leweb, leweb3, pre conference podcast, david sifry, technorati