Ewan Spence and Jonas Luster are both hard core gamers and when you listen to them you will find the most geeky men talking about gaming. 😉 (The interviewer only does nice sweet little games like Bejeweled).
Even if you do not play games – listen to it. You might learn something you did not think you would!
I highly enjoyed this conversation but will not make as extensive show notes because this would take a lot of time and want to get this out as soon as possible.
Just some highlights
- What is the challenge? Challenging other people instead what the designer came up with
- Akzeptance, Progression and Selfworth – in game you get that much easier than in Real life.
- Playing against a machine or a human is a much different game
- Made rules are proned to nomic, interpretation and challenge. You can’t challenge a computer.
- Reinventing society – easier in World of Warcraft or Second Life?
- Why Jonas wants a “kick his ass” button in Second Life
- Second Life Hippies versus WoW gun lovers
- SL needs a competitor to evolve
- Why do you start gaming? You go there because there are already people there you know
- The thumb generation and a new look at games
- Using Second Life as a test drive for a collectable card game as a playtest instead of a expensive massive real test and using World of Wordcraft to gain experience and learn about different leadership styles
- I just say: Men in skirts!
This concludes the Leweb 3 interviews and I am looking forward meeting everyone in Paris!